Reinventing My Morning Routine
So, I'm not really sure how this is going to go. I've just recently (like, yesterday) had this revelation/idea/mental breakdown, whatever you want to call it. I've decided that I'm going to change my morning routine and start waking up at 5 a.m. Now, I know that for some of you that's not really such a crazy idea. That's like, your everyday life, but for me it sounds crazy stupid. I am not, in any way, shape, or form, a morning person. If left to my own devices I will go to sleep at 3 a.m. and wake up around 11a.m.
"What does any of this have to do with Learning to Love?" you might ask.
Good question. At first I had the thought about waking up earlier because I was buying new running shoes and it prompted my critical inner voice to remind me that; since all this Covid stuff started I have only laced up my running shoes a handful of times. I had a pretty good routine last year and at the beginning of this year, and I was even getting in some quality time with my best friend who would come run with me in the afternoons. As I mentioned I am not a morning person, and In the past I found that I had better luck exercising after I got off work. Especially when the weather wasn't in my favor because I've got a treadmill and weight machine and I can control the temperature in the room and there's no chance of sunburn. I'd get home a couple hours before everyone else and I could run on my treadmill or use the weight machine and have my music blasting and it was just a routine that worked for me. Then Covid happened and now I still go to work, because I don't have a job that I can do from home but everyone else in my family does. When I get off work and go home I don't have the house to myself and I can't be loud because people are still working. I could run outside if I coated myself in sunscreen but it's the middle of summer here and the last couple weeks we've gotten over 100 degrees fahrenheit every day. Which is miserable. So I decided to try and implement a morning running routine instead. Which lead me to the conclusion that I need to get up at 5.
Still, what does this have to do with love?
I'm embarking on a journey of self love with this new goal of mine. I plan to use my extra time in the morning to take care of myself by meditating, exercising, praying, and eating breakfast (not in the car). I'll quote the old adage and say "You can't truly love others until you learn to love yourself." That's the goal and it feels a little lofty but I'm gonna try. Hopefully I can document it here and make an improvement in my life.
Comments
Post a Comment